A chin with the right size and proportions will achieve a correct balance on your face. With Mentoplasty we seek to aesthetically improve facial features by making changes to the chin. Altering the appearance of the chin and jaw will improve the harmony in the face and achieve a rejuvenating effect.
This procedure can be done through a small chin prosthesis, infiltrating fatty tissue with Liposculpture or advancing a portion in the bones of the jaw (which can also successfully shorten too long faces).
Another method that we have at hand are the osteotomies (sanding of bones), with which we can advance, shorten and narrow the jaw if necessary.
Finally, and depending on the results of the presurgical assessment, additional treatments with the orthodontist may be necessary or not, in cases where there is an advancement of the lower dental arch.
These results can be yours
Recommendations and related information.
- Local anesthesia plus sedation is used
- This procedure can be combined with others.
- This type of surgery requires a mandatory presurgical assessment, to be able to perform it
- It may be necessary to immobilize the area using a bandage dressing, which will be removed within a few days
- Absolute rest the first 48 hours
- The specialist will indicate the medications to follow
- The chin can swell in the next 24 to 48 hours, and it will be reduced with the passing of days
- You can return to your work activities after 5 days.